After 7 years, I'm back again too and getting ready to go test.

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Tonja13
Regular Contributor

After 7 years, I'm back again too and getting ready to go test.

Postby Tonja13 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:25 pm

I've made it so long...I've made it through a handful of rounds of antibiotics over the last 7 years without recurrence. Ugh... then, I came down with Covid last week (still home with the lingering fever & symptoms)...which gave me a nasty sinus infection. I started loading up on probiotics and Florastor immediately. The first round of antibiotics wasn't cutting it, so 3 days in the doc insisted on clindamycin. (NOOOO!) I made it 2 days (through yesterday). I haven't taken any today, nonetheless, the D has increased. The burning!... It's all coming back to me now. I do understand that Covid has GI issues associated with it as well. (I had a little of that last week also) But now, I'm trying to decide if I should go to the Urgent Care for testing tonight, or hold off a day, until tomorrow? 7 years and I'm right back at square effing 1 (pardon my language). Sigh. What should I do?

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: After 7 years, I'm back again too and getting ready to go test.

Postby Bobbie » Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:06 pm

Your decision.

Sorry. You can refuse to take a medication altho many of us are intimated by docs.

Best of luck.

Tonja13
Regular Contributor

Postby Tonja13 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:10 pm

I know. I'm kicking myself. Lesson learned...regardless of the outcome-- NEVER AGAIN!
I discussed with family, I've decided to wait it out and see if symptoms subside by tomorrow... at least the half life is short.

Tonja13
Regular Contributor

Postby Tonja13 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:15 pm

I ran my sample to the lab first thing this morning. Now, I'm just waiting. If it comes back negative, I'll be shocked. I'm hoping the results will come back on Monday. I'm sitting here waiting for a c diff result while sick with Covid the past 13 days. Oh joy, CDI and Covid at the same time. Fun. I really just want to get this treated so I can get over the Vid and get back to my life and family, hopefully in time for Christmas.

Tonja13
Regular Contributor

Postby Tonja13 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:05 pm

I wanted to update, in case anyone was following. My results (finally) came back normal, no pathogens present, including CDI. It's a PCR also, so it is NEGATIVE. One hurdle crossed... the bad news is that I finished the z pack the doc gave me, but the sinus infection was not cleared, so I need another round. I managed to talk him into doxycycline this time. Wish me luck. Also, my 9-year-old (the baby when I first had C. Diff post-partum) has caught my sinus infection and he is on antibiotics now as well. I convinced them to not just give him amoxicillin, for which there is now a national shortage, but to give him augmentin-- it combats any resistance to the amox, so that it actually works. I caught his WAY earlier, so hopefully he'll clear it quickly. Plus, I just learned that my 78yo dad is on antibiotics (amox) as well!

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:32 am

What a stressful situation. Glad test was -ve, maybe it just messed your gut up for a while but it’s not actually C Diff. Can you just see if you both fight the sinus infection naturally? I think having antibiotics as a baby messed up my immune system pretty early on, I probably would have fought things off myself without them (but it was the 80s, they gave them out like sweets). Good luck.

ashtontw
Regular Contributor

Postby ashtontw » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:38 pm

Tonja13,

How are you feeling? Did you get over your possible relapse? I am 6 years post FMT and fearing a possible relapse for the first time. I had a negative PCR at the hospital but my primary is having me do a repeat test from Quest tomorrow because I’m not getting any better. I also got an urgent GI referral for Friday. I’m very scared. I have not been on any antibiotics at all but I have been to the ER a few times recently due to severe anemia/chest pain.

I’ve been reading up in here and searching for any similar situations to connect with. My anxiety is unbearable.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”