Acid reflux

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
phir91
New User

Acid reflux

Postby phir91 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:10 am

Hi all,

Hope you are all doing ok as can be!

I had cdiff a couple of years ago. Over the past week I have been hit with acid reflux. I was wondering what medication is safe or at home remedies that people have tried!

Thank you

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Re: Acid reflux

Postby Lissaucd » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:02 am

Hi there! I did the doctor oz smoothie and it has helped me a lot in the past. Watermelon, cantaloupe, ginger, banana, almond milk! Google it and check it out!!!

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Postby BetsyS » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:57 am

I've suffered from reflux/GERD and for decades, and have been in PPIs just as long. My ID wanted me off of them because of the CDiff risk, but my GI wants me to stay in them because of the damage to the esophagus. I struck a compromise by cutting my dose in half. I still get flare-ups and have tried Tums etc, I find that Gaviscon really does the best for me.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:39 pm

If its temporary and only a week cut out all spicy or acidic foods, alcohol, drinks etc, try OTC antacids if it's unbearable or just tough it out.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”