Need your advice!

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Need your advice!

Postby Lissaucd » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:48 am

Hello!

I wanted to get the advice of those who know me well! You all know how bad I was after having c diff in relation to anxiety. I would freak out about everything. Thinking it was back. Well, after struggling bad for long time, I got on lexapro. Now, I’m soooooooo much better!!! Problem is, every morning I wake up with looser stools. I’m only on week 3 of lexapro. I’m not sure what to do. Do I stay on it? I take my medication at night with food. Before taking lexapro, my stools were the best they have been!!!

Part of me thinks it my still be my anxiety. In fact the other day I ate so much food, more than I ever had in a long time after having c diff. (Remember I was afraid to eat) and my stool was not loose the next day. So I’m thinking my anxiety may be playing a roll here even though I don’t feel overwhelmed with anxiety like I use to. I still have to do my part with my anxiety as this pill will not cure me completely.

Went camping this weekend Ans had very loose stool and even some mucus at thr very end. (I have to admit was super nervous about this trip!!!) But didn’t freak out as usual! Figured it was probably just related to change of routine, food etc. took a pepto pill and continued my vacation with my husband and little girl. First time on a long time, I was truly enjoying life again.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Need your advice!

Postby beth22 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:32 am

Sometimes if you don't have enough fiber in your diet, it can also cause looser stools. What did you have to eat when you ate a lot and had better stools the next day? Anxiety can play a role too. I get looser stools when I am stressed.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:25 am

Hi Beth!!!

I ate chicken, tortillas, macaroni salad, chips and salsa, Mac salad.(for lunch and dinner! I love leftovers) and Kellogg protein cereal for breakfast with toast! I’m just hoping it’s not the lexapro bc it has literally helped me so very much!!!!!!

Jodiekee
Regular User

Postby Jodiekee » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:51 pm

Loose stools is pretty common with all the anxiety meds. If its helping you, dont stop taking it because of loose stools. Or you'll go back to freaking out all the time. and you definitely dont want that. I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”