Post infectious IBS

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
notheidi
Regular Contributor

Post infectious IBS

Postby notheidi » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:20 pm

How long did it take you to recover from PI IBS?
I'm a lot better but still frustrated. Still get brief chills-y feeling, nausea comes and goes some mornings & evenings, and loose movements. Was sick in July.

Still taking kefir 1-2x a day. I feel like I have dysbiosis still.
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Re: Post infectious IBS

Postby Lissaucd » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:44 am

Hi there!!

I had ibs for a very long time after. I have a new normal that still involves flares. I just started lexapro for anxiety and dealing with loose stools in the morning. It does take a very long time!!! Before I started my anxiety meds I felt better than I have ever with my movements! And that was a year later!!!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”