Lexapro

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Lexapro

Postby Lissaucd » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:58 am

Well, I finally did it and started lexapro. I wake up with D after a month of normal movements. I also couldn’t sleep, made me feel shaky and brain fog. My anxiety is bad tho, I needed help. But anything that makes me have loose stool is a trigger and I’m freaking out. Does anyone have experience with lexapro?

Thank you!!!!!!!!

roy
Administrator

Re: Lexapro

Postby roy » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:01 am

Anti anxiety drugs are used to treat IBS so it's far more likely to help with all your symptoms than cause them.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:09 am

Thank you Roy. It was such a good month last month, then this morning D after taking my pill. I just don’t want it to cause c diff

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:43 am

It wouldn't cause c difficile, but it might give you D. Some of them do.

Common side effects
Headache, nausea, diarrhea, dry mouth, increased sweating, feeling nervous, restless, fatigue, or having trouble sleeping (insomnia). These will often improve over the first week or two as you continue to take the medication.

Escitalopram (Lexapro) | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental ...

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:09 pm

Thank you Beth! Today is day two and nauseas definitely my
Issue now. I sure hope this helps me bc this is so hard!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:51 am

Your body needs to adjust to the medication probably, at least that is what doctors always say. If it doesn't then get in touch with your doctor. Hopefully things will settle down for you.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:20 pm

I finally gained 4 pounds my fingers are crossed that I don’t lose what I gained. Because the nausea and Loose stool is on and off. Sometimes I’ll have D, and other days I won’t. It’s mostly in the morning when I am most anxious. I’m hoping this medication will regulate soon! But I have noticed little improvements in relation to germs for me !

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”