Long time lurker - please help :(

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Re: Long time lurker - please help :(

Postby GtrGrl » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:16 pm

Great to hear you have improved so much. I wonder if Enteragam is similar to Colestyramine (a bile acid binder which really helped me at one point, even though docs scoffed when I requested it). Hope you continue to feel good.

alex77
New User

Postby alex77 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:10 pm

GtrGrl wrote:
> Great to hear you have improved so much. I wonder if Enteragam is similar
> to Colestyramine (a bile acid binder which really helped me at one point,
> even though docs scoffed when I requested it). Hope you continue to feel
> good.

Thank you so much!! So here's Enteragam's FAQ if you want to look into it. It binds to the C.Diff toxins which is crazy because I feel like that in itself is just preventing a relapse from happening while also helping IBS symptoms. I don't know if I'm allowed to post links here but I'm going to try anyway & if I get yelled at I'm sorry in advance lmao.

https://enteragam.com/patients/faqs-about-enteragam/

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:53 pm

Thanks for the link. I’ll bet we can’t get it in the UK! I have always maintained that my C Diff never really went away between relapses. Despite -ve tests, I felt SO ill on top of the continued loose stool etc. that I’m sure I was still being poisoned by low level toxins, and docs telling me my ongoing gut issues were ‘only’ PI IBS just didn’t fit. Dare I suggest this may be at least partly true for you and that’s why the binder is helping? Anyway, wishing you ongoing improvement!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”