Welp, that was a good run. I'm back. :(

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
3charmer
New User

Welp, that was a good run. I'm back. :(

Postby 3charmer » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:39 pm

I was just diagnosed with c diff after 7 years. This is my third time. I can't remember my old account here. I'm waiting for the doctor to rx meds. I just got the test result today. I'm so grateful that the test results came the same day but I was hoping to start meds today. That part doesn't look too promising. I had it in 2010, 2015, and now 2022.

I can't believe it. I feel that I must have reinfected myself somehow, or from picking up after my dog? I just don't know where I got it from because I stay home. I am so sad and I feel sick and I'm getting brain fog on top of it. I can't even think. The bloating is awful. I'm glad I didn't take loperimide as I know it can be harmful, but I did take a dose of peptol, which didn't help. I imagine peptol can also be harmful. This was before I found out.

The good news is that my blood work looks ok right now.

Just kind of done though.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Welp, that was a good run. I'm back. :(

Postby NanciT » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:24 pm

Always TOUGH...but 7 years is a good run! I went 5 years . Actually twice in 2020 but now I am treated correctly with a Dificid taper which works for me, hopefully you are on medication and can get through it quickly.

Its very hard to know where you got it because it can be anywhere

Hope you feel better soon

NanciT

3charmer
New User

Postby 3charmer » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:05 am

Thanks Nanci! Nice to see you, I remember you from before, I am notheidi.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:51 am

I have changed the password for notheidi so you can log in using that name again.
Check your PM for the new password.
You can change it when you log in

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”