Scared FMT is an immediate failure

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
MissyM
New User

Scared FMT is an immediate failure

Postby MissyM » Sat May 28, 2022 11:51 am

I just had FMT done 3 days ago. The first and second day after, all was well, very well. Today I am experiencing cramping and now full on diarrhea. I feel like I am back to square one. Has anyone had this happen and was it the "return" of c-diff. Also, how do they know how severe your infection is at the start? No one has checked anything but a stool sample and of course the colonoscopy for the FMT.

Also feeling a bit nauseous

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Scared FMT is an immediate failure

Postby NanciT » Sat May 28, 2022 9:32 pm

It all takes time, you are just a few days out. I did not have an FMT but many on the site have. I had CDIFF in 2014-2015 and finally recovered with a DIficid Taper. It took a very long time for my gut to recover.
There are some on the site who go back to "normal diet" eating whatever they want. I had to take baby steps and stick with a bland diet adding small amount of new things slowly. I could never tolerate beef again. I also cannot tolerate wine or any kind of alcohol. But that is just me, as I mentioned everyone is different.

If the diarrhea continues call your GI. Sometimes people can end up with Post IBS which I had for a year post CDIFF.

Recovery can take time, just start bland and go slowly

Hope you feel better soon

NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Scared FMT is an immediate failure

Postby beth22 » Sun May 29, 2022 1:15 am

After my FMT I was not able to tolerate some foods that I could eat before. As Nanci said, try to stick to a bland diet for now. It does take time and you will have ups and downs. If the D continues, then call your GI.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”