Ear pain.. possible infection.

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
phir91
New User

Ear pain.. possible infection.

Postby phir91 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:43 pm

Hey!

Haven’t posted in a long while. Been having ear pain for a couple of weeks now and think it may be time to see a doctor. Anyone have any experience of ear infections and good antibiotics. I know they prescribe differently for middle/outer ear infections. Would be great if someone could help ease my anxiety.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Ear pain.. possible infection.

Postby NanciT » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:56 pm

Hi

It does depend on the type of infection. Last year I had an infection. I ended up with Cotrtisporin Otic Solution after trying several home remedies. It worked fine and I had no issues.

Always get it checked, could be sinus or wax build up. MD needs to take a look if its going on for weeks

Good luck

NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Ear pain.. possible infection.

Postby beth22 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:01 pm

I would see a doctor. Ear wax can cause ear pain sometimes too. I had ear pain for weeks and saw a doctor and it turned out to be my jaw joint - TMJ.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”