Dry eye medication question

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Amila
Regular User

Dry eye medication question

Postby Amila » Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:06 am

Hello everyone,

I have not been to the Forum in a long, long time, thank God, and I hope I will never be on it due to C Diff (after 6 years, my anxiety about the disease never disappeared).

I have a question : I was diagnosed with pretty severe dry eyes a year ago, and for some time I was on OTC like Retain, but for the past 5 weeks I have been on Xiidra. I was also told to start using Genteal gel in one eye ( my right eye is worse), but when I read through the ingredients, I saw that one of the inactive ingredients is sodium perborate which has antimicrobial abilities). As many of people on the Forum would understand, I am petrified of anything which has some antimicrobial properties , not to mention real antibiotics. Can anyone with dry eye disease share their experience with both prescription and OTC dry eye medications? Any connection to C Diff at all? Thank you all so much in advance, and best of health, Ismaila

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Dry eye medication question

Postby NanciT » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:25 pm

Hello Ismalia

It HAS been a long time which is GReat but nice to see you again. I have used OTC eye drops for a very long time on and off with NO issues.

I have also had to use antibiotic eye ointment(ERYC) and have had no issues, used it last year and again 2 months ago. I am careful and use very little but so far so good.

Wishing you continued wellness!

NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:27 pm

I have dry eye, but not severe enough to use prescription drops. I just use OTC lubricating drops. However, I also have blepharitis and sometimes I need to use antibiotic eye ointment. I have used both erythromycin and one that has neosporin and a steroid and did fine with both of them.

Amila
Regular User

Postby Amila » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:44 pm

NanciT, Beth,

Thank you so much. I have had some issues , especially with my right eye, but, I am dealing with it.

All the best to you, and lots of health!

Ismaila

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”