GI issues.

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
shabhu
New User

GI issues.

Postby shabhu » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:55 pm

Hello guys. i am an old poster. you can search my post history. in 2014 I cured C diff or post infectious IBS with one FMT via colonoscopy.
I was really 100% well for the last 8 years. didnt even think bout poop and gut any more.

Starting last June, I started having diarrhea, urgency, burping, flatulence excessively. Extensive work up including scopes from both end, MRI and multiple stool studies are negative. I am at a loss, for what is going on. I did take 4 days of keflex prior aobut 3 weeks prior to my symptoms starting so not sure if I messed up the flora. however in the last 7 years I have taken even stronger abx without any issues. so it is hard to believe 4 days of keflex would cause this. I felt fine while on abx.

Anyways i have had c diff and other stool infectious test about 5 times in last 7 months. This time I also have a LOT of gas and burp besides the diarrhea.

If anyone is still around, and have any recommendations please let me know. thank you :)

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Re: GI issues.

Postby GtrGrl » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:09 pm

Did you have a SIBO test? I’ve just been diagnosed myself so wary of bias — but it can apparently cause a lot of the symptoms you describe…
Contracted C Diff from a round of Flucloxacillin, November 2020.

Metronidazole - Metronidazole - Dificid - Dificid - Vancomycin - Upper GI FMT - Vancomycin - Vancomycin - Lower GI FMT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”