Elavil for depression and anxiety with Cdiff

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
jackie24
Regular User

Elavil for depression and anxiety with Cdiff

Postby jackie24 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:14 am

I was wondering if anybody here had taken Elavil for anxiety and depression on your Cdiff journey? My PCP doctor thinks it’s the best med for me due to anxiety, sleep problems, and IBS symptoms. I did read that it could cause constipation and I don’t know whether that’s a good or bad thing when struggling with Cdiff. Any thought?

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Re: Elavil for depression and anxiety with Cdiff

Postby Lissaucd » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:56 am

Hi there! They wanted to put me on anxiety medicine as well. I was very bad, look at my prior posts! I was so bad I was scared to eat! I lost so much weight. I started listening at night to audiobooks for anxiety. Right now, I’m listening to Joseph Luciani- it has helped me so much make sense of why I have anxiety and especially health anxiety! I know a lot of people have taken anxiety medicine! I would try the search box with the name of the medicine!! I promise you, it will get better. It’s just scary with the idea of it coming back. But, you may be worrying about something that may never happen. You may not relapse! Instead of thinking about the possibility of relapse, think that your life getting back to normal. You have solid stool! You got this!!!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”