Please Help!!!

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
lila30
Contributor

Please Help!!!

Postby lila30 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:31 am

I took solosec on December 16th. It's a one time, one and done. It stays in your system 4 days. I had been fine until this past Monday night, December 27th. I have a mild to moderate fast heart rate, WD, and nausea. I am positive with covid. I was sick from December 24th and fever broke December 27th. I feel sick and anxious. I am on meds for panic disorder that I started February 2021 and I have been great. Could it be covid messing with my nervous system, causing heightened anxiety or could I be getting c.diff again from the antibiotic I took on December 16th? I've had WD 4 times in 3 days. But wondering if I have WD instead of some kind of stool because I'm barely eating cause I'm nauseous.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Please Help!!!

Postby beth22 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:45 pm

Covid can cause D too, so it is very difficult to know without doing a stool test. I would check with your doctor to see what to do in this case.

lila30
Contributor

Postby lila30 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:42 pm

I went to ER today because I felt weak. I was super dehydrated from WD and barely able to eat anything. They gave me a test kit. So I need to send it back to them when I'm done. Like you said, the doctor said covid can cause these symptoms.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:34 am

When I had covid I had D and then it turned black like my liver was failing. Also had everything your describing. Dehydration will make your heart pound. I wouldn’t take an antibiotic for cdiff only having D a few times in a few days. Now if you set up shop on the throan that’s a different story. Covid studies have shown that it’s in the gut so your bodies probably trying to rid itself of it. Covid, for me, was basically like every sickness I’ve ever had rolled into one big kerfuckle of bluk. I was 5 weeks out from being fully vaxed and still caught delta, and it wasn’t mild by any means.

lila30
Contributor

Postby lila30 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:00 am

D1dad- I'm sorry to hear your experience with covid. I heard the delta was no joke. Scary. I'm glad you are doing much better.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”