Ciprodex cdiff?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
cake918
Regular User

Ciprodex cdiff?

Postby cake918 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:01 pm

I am treating a pesky outer ear infection. MD ordered Ciprodex, anyone had any negative, cdiff experiences from this antibiotic. I was hoping the systemic effect is minimal as it’s an ear drop. Thoughts…..

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Ciprodex cdiff?

Postby beth22 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:00 am

I have used antibiotic ear drops without any problem, although not that one. I recall that another poster mentioned Cipro eye drops that also caused no problem.

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:03 pm

I used it just shortly after I had c diff. I had the Flu A, c diff, and double ear infection all at once. No ill effects. If I remember right I looked it up how much got in systemically it was very minimal. I don't remember but it was .1% or something very very minimal. I didnt blink an eye about taking it vs an oral medication.

cake918
Regular User

Postby cake918 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:44 pm

Spike and Beth, thank you. Spike, did the ear drops work? Been on them 4 days and have some relief. Wondering if it’s viral and needs to play itself out? Thanks again.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:40 am

Sometimes antihistamines help with ear infections, especially when viral because they help dry up the fluid. Check with your doctor to see if that is something that you could or should do.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”