C Diff and E Coli at the same time…

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
jackie24
Regular User

Re: C Diff and E Coli at the same time…

Postby jackie24 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:35 pm

Beth22

Unfortunately before I saw yours and Roy’s replies I had already started the taper. I am now on two times a day and I am scared to stop it for fear of a relapse! I have a ID appointment coming up on January 14th along with three other appointments that are about an hour away. I have lost one GI because they pretty much said I emailed them too many times with concerns. Now this one has dropped me totally on the Cdiff after giving me all this toxic medicine! When I started taking the taper a had watery D with mucus that looked like lily pads in the toilet so I had symptoms. I just don’t know what I am going to do now!

Avalon18
Regular User

Postby Avalon18 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:12 pm

I’m taking the Vancomycin, and it’s been a week. So far, there’s no radical resurgence of C. Diff with D. My abdominal pain, which lasted a good part of the day and interfered with sleep, is gone. I have frequent BMs, mucous, but no D. The office of the ID doctor that I’ve consulted thought treatment with Vancomycin was appropriate if I tested positive for the C. Diff toxin and had abdominal pain. Since I did test positive for toxin, it might be the right path. At one point earlier this year, I tested negative for C. Diff. If things don’t improve I will inquire about a FMT. I had Zinplava a year ago, and I don’t think it is used more than once.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:02 am

Jackie24 - Since you are on the taper, you should continue as directed and see what the ID has to tell you when you meet on the 14th. I assume that the taper will go to one pill a day, etc.

Avalon18 - Glad you are doing better and if the symptoms got better, then you probably made the right call taking the medication. FMT helped me and I would not hesitate to do it again if I had to.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”