The day is here.

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
D1dad
Regular Contributor

Re: The day is here.

Postby D1dad » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:33 am

Then there ya go. I couldn’t think of a better weight gaining strategy than in and out 4-5 times a day. Seriously though, red meat being ok is a pretty good thing that lots of people have issues with. Maybe it’s time to broaden your choices on food and take a walk on the wild side. Once you start gaining strength back things may really take off for you, it happened like that for me and is exactly what my doc said.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:46 pm

You are right, I need to try different foods. I just need to get over the anxiousness after eating the new food bc that usually causes my stomach to get upset. I also think some weights/ exercise would be good. 1dad- how are you feeling? Sounds like you are doing great and you may have the cast iron stomach back!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:44 pm

When you introduce new foods back into your diet, do so one thing at a time. If you have an upset, you need to know what caused it and if you eat 3 new things at once, you won't know which it was.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:47 pm

Thank you Beth- I will be sure to do that! I also started keeping track what I eat! I’m happy I can have peanut butter! I have peanut butter toast every morning now! Thanks again Beth!!!!

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:30 am

I’m good. Doxy kicked in and everything cleared up. We had/have a major flu virus and or upper respiratory sweeping though our area that’s leading to lots of infections per my doc, and it’s not covid. I was pretty sick but when the doxy kicked in it was like a switch flipped. I did take pepto the day after the Xmas party but I blame all the shrimp and pikesvile bourbon and nothing to do with cdiff. I got the details on the L reuteri and glycerol and placed an order on Amazon so I’ll keep you posted on how that goes. I do go to the gym quite a bit so I figured that these two things in tandem can be beneficial for that. I’ve done quite a bit of research on L reuteri and it seems like something that really flys under the radar for its health benefits and not just as a probiotic. There’s studies that show it’s a natural libido booster as well a boosts testosterone which at my age isn’t necessarily a bad thing although I pride myself as being the youngest 48 yr old in the room lol. I won’t lie that taking an antibiotic scared the crap out me but as sick as I was I really didn’t care which tells me I did in fact need it as opposed to the past when I would have demanded it. Doxy did give me blinding morning headaches which I wasn’t a fan of, but it did work fast which was nice. I only took 5 of the 7 days which studies say should be enough and so far so good. I’m just dealing with getting out the residual neon green infection but feel 1000 times better. Beth’s right on the food. You know you can eat a burger so maybe try some fries (animal style) of course and then try a shake after that. Dairy was one thing that scared me but it was something that didn’t have any Ill effects. If you read some of my pasts posts I really said screw it and ate it, and then paid the price the next day. Maybe not the best approach for most but I was so angry with cdiff I was determined to power through it.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:00 am

That’s awesome you are doing so good! Pepto, my bff!!!! That’s very interesting about glycerol and reuteri. I will have to look that up for sure. Although I don’t think probiotics agree with me. I have noticed a difference since stopping all the probiotics! Gosh, I wish I could have dairy- been lactose intolerant since a kiddo. I’ve been working on incorporating the protein shakes- little by little! You give us all hope that even after c diff antibiotics don’t have to scare us!

poppy86
Regular Contributor

Postby poppy86 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:26 pm

I'm glad your sinus infection cleared up and that you're off the antibiotics now. I suspect I have a sinus infection myself at the moment (got the neon green situation when I blow my nose too), but I'm so reluctant to go to the doctor. I had a cold last week and it seems to have worsened. My son is in kindergarten, and he picks up every bug going through his classroom. This is our fourth illness in the past four months (and one of them was covid).

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:54 am

Have you tried the nasal rinses for your sinuses Poppy? Sometimes they help along with decongestants. I used to breathe in steam that I added menthol to and that helped open up the passages for me sometimes.

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Postby BetsyS » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:26 am

Ditto on the sinus rinses. I went through a period where I had chronic sinus infections.I took so many antibiotics I'm surprised I didn't get C DIff back then! My ENT put me on a neti pot and I haven't had one since. He also recommended plain old Mucinex to clear sinus congestion. Both have really helped my allergies.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:28 am

Sounds like us poppy. We had covid in September in which I had to quarantine in a hotel in Miami only to come home and have the rest of the family infected with it. Then thanksgiving week my son had this nasty virus that he beat with no antibiotics and then I got it the next week and fought like hell for 2 weeks trying to avoid the doc. I tried neti pot, pseudoephedrine, Flonase, Zyrtec, mucinex and every vitamin I could find. I’m truly amazed that the human body can make as much mucus as mine made and literally never had a cold that bad. After running a fever for 2 days I went to the doc. The doxycycline wasn’t bad but I had to stop taking florastor yesterday as it was cleaning things out in a way I wasn’t comfy with. I had the same thing last time I took florastor. It’s fine while taking antibiotics but wreaks havoc after words. Don’t really get that part but whatever. My office had an Xmas party last week and everyone’s testing positive for influenza A this week (not covid luckily) so can’t wait for that.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”