Have lost 2 Gastro doctors because of my Cdiff

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
jackie24
Regular User

Have lost 2 Gastro doctors because of my Cdiff

Postby jackie24 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:15 am

Anybody else get dumped by their Gastro because of asking too many questions? I have been fighting Cdiff since September of 2021 and I have severe anxiety along with it. My first Gastro never even would see me because I had went to the ER and got diagnosed so I emailed them many times with questions because as you know the hospital doesn’t have time for questions. They wrote me a letter and told me they wouldn’t see me anymore because I used the patient portal inappropriately. Had my second bout of Cdiff in October 2021 after finding another Gastro and they did a toxin test which was negative on Oct 7th and the ER was positive on Oct 9th. The Gastro switched me to Dificid instead of the Vanco and I went a month without symptoms but still emailed the doctor to ask questions. December 1st I had symptoms again and the Gastro ordered a test which came back positive on the PCR and Antigen but negative for toxins but the Gastro treated me with 7 days of Vanco, still having symptoms so they gave me a Vanco taper and told me they would give me no more antibiotics and would not follow me for this anymore and is sending me to infectious disease which is a month away! Anybody experienced this?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Have lost 2 Gastro doctors because of my Cdiff

Postby NanciT » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:09 pm

Hi

It all sounds frustrating but honestly I have found on my CDIFF journey many GI's believe they treat and move on. It CAN take time to recover. With your Negative test I am not sure why they put you back on Vanco. I think if patients don't fall into a certain box, some doctors get frustrated and move on.
I now see an ID which is far better. It will probably work better for you.

Hang in there, it sounds like you will probably do better with an ID

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”