Confused...Again.

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
zach
New User

Confused...Again.

Postby zach » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:57 am

I started dificid on november 8th because of me having 6+ solid stools daily and my doctor prescribed it for me, on the last day of dificid I started having watery D and a lot of mucus after 2 days it wore off and I was having solid stool but 4+ bouts of just mucus which ranged from Green, Yellow & clear. I had something I had to go to and because I was having solid stool I took 2 imodium which was at 3 pm yesterday at 6 AM I woke up and I'm having watery D which is feeling very reminiscent so a relapse they only thing is I am no longer having abdominal pain or brain fog or anything like that I'm only having D & M and they are my only symptoms. Suggestions, Advice... anything? Lol

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Confused...Again.

Postby georgina » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:17 am

It can be a bad IBS flare up.Don't know what to say about relapse as long as you were on your last Dificid pill.I have never tried Dificid but i read that it can be very harsh with you GI tract. Do you remember eating something that could have set you off?? Or have you overdid it with probiotics? Try not to take any more Imodium , if it's indeed a relapse you are experiencing it could be dangerous for you gut , there are more safe options in the drugstore :Pepto , binding agents (Questran) .

poppy86
Regular Contributor

Re: Confused...Again.

Postby poppy86 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:51 pm

Yes definitely don't take Imodium if there's a chance of relapse. During normal recovery there can be D off and on frequently. If it persists or worsens you should get it checked out.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”