Relapse?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
zach
New User

Relapse?

Postby zach » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:31 pm

November 8th i started dificid due to frequency and urgency 6x a day solid stool. The first two days on dificid i had bright yellow D and then after that it went solid. During treatment i had chicken and rice for dinner and then on my last day of treatment I got adventurous and had cheesey red pepper egg bites and chicken and rice for dinner right before dinner I had D and then i’ve had it 4x today… is this a relapse or is this the dificid?

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Re: Relapse?

Postby Lissaucd » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:05 pm

Hi there! I was dificid as well! I had pudding poo for a long time and frequency changed a lot. I just posted the other day bc I had watery yellow D! (I think from nerves or the soup I made- broth doesn’t agree with me now apparently) nothing is normal during recovery. I would stick by the 3 episodes of watery D for more than 3 days! At least that’s what I’m doing! It’s freaking hard not to worry I know!!!! I’m 13 weeks off of dificid. If you look on some other posts some people have Unformed stool for a while AFTER dificid.

zach
New User

Postby zach » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:25 pm

Thank you so much Lisa, I appreciate the response. It's just so confusing I went from having solid stool to this but in the mucus has actually went clear so I'm hoping that is a good sign.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:05 pm

Hang in there! I had mucus too at first! It does go away. It was probably the food that you ate- stomach was not ready for it yet! Look at me! Dang chicken broth gave me D and I’m 13 weeks out! It’s so annoying!!!!!!!! I constantly worry about it, check out some of my prior posts! I also take a probiotic And one Saccharomyces Boulardii pill daily. If you are having solid stool that’s amazing!!!!!! (Even if you are going a lot!)

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:17 pm

It can take time to recover, some go right back to a normal diet but others like myself take awhile. I would go bland and back tract what I ate. There were many times I thought I had relapsed. Look for WD for at least 3 days and then call GI if necessary.

The gut takes time to heal and I found my Post IBS had alot to do with what I was eating as I slowly added foods. Alcohol was one thing I could not tolerate again.

Hope you feel better

NanciT

zach
New User

Postby zach » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:20 am

I am now having bright green solid stools.. this is all so confusing and infuriating.

Lissaucd
Regular Contributor

Postby Lissaucd » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:05 pm

Maybe it was something you ate? Trust me, I know how you feel. I had a solid movement then loose this morning. Makes me so mad. I was doing very good fir a bit, got stressed bc of a planned family trip and seems like I took 10 steps back. Anxiety is back full throttle. You are so early in recovery- I was all over the place!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”