Sick =(

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
lila30
Contributor

Sick =(

Postby lila30 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:47 am

Hello,

I have been tested for flu, covid, strep, and rsv. All of them came back negative! I either have bronchitis or sinus infection. I'm coughing up yellow/slight green mucus. Which is indication of infection. I'm scared to go to doctor for them just to give me antibiotics. Has anyone else been in this situation and what do you recommend? Thank you

Ishmael
Brand New Poster

Re: Sick =(

Postby Ishmael » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:54 pm

My husband recently had a sinus infection and our internist did not want to give him an antiobiotic, saying that because of my c. diff., he was no doubt colonized himself (no symptoms). He received a prednisone Rx instead, which he said helped but was not as good as the usual antibiotic.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Sick =(

Postby NanciT » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:28 pm

Make sure to check with your DR and or GI. If you have a fever, that needs to be considered. Most will avoid antibiotics unless they are really necessary. If required, there are some that are less offenders.

Hope you feel better soon

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”