One day out from Dificid and a negative PCR

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
jackie24
Regular User

One day out from Dificid and a negative PCR

Postby jackie24 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:39 pm

Yesterday I went to the ER because I am having severe what feels to be gas pains and yesterday was my last day on Dificid. I had a CT and ultrasound and they found nothing. Still have D at least twice a day but my PCR test was negative today (possible false negative?). I have a lot of gas and yellow stuff comes out. Don’t know whether I still have Cdiff or not. Wondering if I should get tested again in a could days? Is this just something from the Dificid? Anybody else experience this?

Jodiekee
Regular User

Re: One day out from Dificid and a negative PCR

Postby Jodiekee » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:24 am

In my experience, D twice a day is heaven sent and not a raging c diff infection.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: One day out from Dificid and a negative PCR

Postby beth22 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:43 am

A test that soon could be a false negative. See how your symptoms go and if they persist then ask your doctor about testing again. I have not taken Dificid, so I don't know if it is something that happens after. Maybe someone who has can answer that.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”