Bad case of C Diff left me with food allergies

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
wlfrenc
Brand New Poster

Bad case of C Diff left me with food allergies

Postby wlfrenc » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:36 pm

I never had food allergies before I got C Diff. I had a bad bout of C Diff requiring 3 rounds of antibiotics. Once I was free of C Diff I continued to have symptoms (severe cramping, gas, diarrhea). Colonoscopy came back clean (no inflammation, no polyps). I suffered for 2 years then saw an ad for everlywell.com. I paid for their Food Sensitivity Test and found out I'm allergic to 11 (cows milk, black tea, egg white, eggplant, garlic, mozzarella, oregano, rye, wheat, yogurt) of the 90 items they tested for. I have changed my diet, eliminating those 11 items I'm allergic to (incl. those that I'm just mildly allergic to). It has been better but still my stomach/bowels are not back to normal. I just paid for and received Everywell's Food Sensitivity Expansion Kit which will test me for 108 more items. I have yet to send it in but I hope I will discover whatever else I'm allergic to. I say, YES, having C Diff can leave you with allergies.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Bad case of C Diff left me with food allergies

Postby beth22 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:50 am

I'm not sure I would classify them as allergies, but I have had food intolerances since c diff too. If I eat certain foods, I get symptoms. Fruit is one of them, raw vegetables and dairy. One doctor told me that c diff can damage the nerves in the lining of the intestines. Not sure if that is the problem for me, but I'm still dealing with it.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”