Solosec=Cdiff?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
lila30
Contributor

Solosec=Cdiff?

Postby lila30 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:48 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew about the antibiotic solosec? I suffer from BV and I tried boric acid and other remedies so that I wouldn't have to take an antibiotic. but the home remedies aren't working. And I really don't want to take an antibiotic since I had c.diff back in 2018. Would anyone know or have advice on solosec? Can this cause a relapse?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Solosec=Cdiff?

Postby beth22 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:22 am

I have no experience with this treatment. I looked it up and it is specifically for BV. I would call your pharmacy and ask the pharmacist if this can cause c c difficile. Most antibiotics can, but perhaps this one is a lower offender. Have you tried metrogel? That is what used to be prescribed and it is Flagyl in gel form.

lila30
Contributor

Postby lila30 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:40 am

Hi Beth, I was prescribed metrogel. But I never took it. It's been sitting in mmt medicine cabinet for years now. I read the side effects were not so great and I raff reviews on it. It can cause really bad yeast infections. I didn't want to take the chance. Women were saying the metrogel made them dizzy. I raff about the solosec and there are less side effects. It's a one time dosage. Only side effects were upset stomach, nausea, and some diarrhea. I just don't know if I should take the metrogel. if there were great encouragement on it, I would.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:52 pm

I used metrogel reluctantly and it did not cause me any problems. I am very sensitive to any medications, so I was hesitant. The one that did cause me problems, was Cleocin and it was part of my getting c difficile. Whatever you do, don't use any cream that has clindamycin. Even topically it gave me D. I would still ask a pharmacist about the Solosec and whether it can cause c difficile. They are usually pretty knowledgeable about those kinds of things.

lila30
Contributor

Postby lila30 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:47 pm

Hi Beth,

So I didn't go through with the solosec. As reviews on the medication cause upset stomach. I just started a probiotic with prebiotic. Today is my second day. It's called fem dophilus by Jarrow Formulas. Can this probiotic cause c.diff? I know it's a dumb question but I just wanted to ask if you know probiotics can cause c.diff.

Thank you

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:43 pm

No, probiotics are taken to prevent c difficile often. I know some other posters have mentioned taking this product. It would not cause c difficile. It is not an antibiotic.

lila30
Contributor

Postby lila30 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:05 pm

Thank you Beth! I guess it's normal to feel nauseated even taking probiotics? I just hope my body gets use to it so the nausea can go away.

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:21 pm

Optibac for Women is highly rated online too.

I wonder if the BV is more likely to be causing the nausea than the probiotics. Anyway, hope you feel better soon and avoid any D!
Contracted C Diff from a round of Flucloxacillin, November 2020.

Metronidazole - Metronidazole - Dificid - Dificid - Vancomycin - Upper GI FMT - Vancomycin - Vancomycin - Lower GI FMT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”