Feels Like It’s Back

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Feels Like It’s Back

Postby GtrGrl » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:24 pm

Been feeling more and more ill over the past few weeks, like I had all the signs of infection apart from the actual D. I haven’t been able to gain any weight despite increasing my calorie intake and am showing signs of malabsorption. Now I’m shaking, sweating, having heart palpitations, stabbing abdominal pain, nausea, stomach gurgling and passed a 6 on the Bristol chart. I know I haven't had the classic 3x3 at this point but I'm worried . . . the thought of it happening a fifth time. . . I’ll probably ring my doc tomorrow but I guess I'm looking for some support from others who understand what I’m going through.
Contracted C Diff from a round of Flucloxacillin, November 2020.

Metronidazole - Metronidazole - Dificid - Dificid - Vancomycin - Upper GI FMT - Vancomycin - Vancomycin - Lower GI FMT

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Re: Feels Like It’s Back

Postby Lid49 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:57 pm

It will take time, IBS most likely,
If will make you fill better test . Will give you peace of mind.
Lidia

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:46 pm

Recovery can take a long time, check in with your doctor. There are medications that can help if you have post IBS. I took Levsin for a short time.

For me, diet was everything. I was unable to drink any alcohol and still don't years later. I am still dealing with IBS after completing a Dificid taper last October. In my case, I know it takes time.

I hope you feel better soon

NanciT

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:28 am

Thank you, both. I have emailed my doc to ask about testing. I know it could be IBS but I thought that before and it turned into a full blown relapse with hospitalisation.

I have been *so* careful with my diet. All home cooked, whole foods, no alcohol, no sugar etc., even when I was feeling really good and healthy (that lasted about a month). I’ve been waiting for a capsule endoscopy to try and find out what’s been going on internally, can’t happen soon enough.
Contracted C Diff from a round of Flucloxacillin, November 2020.

Metronidazole - Metronidazole - Dificid - Dificid - Vancomycin - Upper GI FMT - Vancomycin - Vancomycin - Lower GI FMT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”