Anyone have long term bowel problems after C diff

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Donna123
Brand New Poster

Anyone have long term bowel problems after C diff

Postby Donna123 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:47 pm

I had a c diff infection in 2018 and I’m currently experiencing ongoing issues with my bowels. The symptoms I’m getting are

- periods where my stools are greasy or mushy interspersed with periods where my stools seem more normal
- during the spells where my stools are a problem I often have to rush to the toilet
- I also more wind and a burning sensation when passing stools or wind.
- these unsettled periods can last from a week to 2-3 weeks
- I can lose some weight during this time too.
- I occasionally get pain on the left hand side of my abdomen

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: Anyone have long term bowel problems after C diff

Postby Ril » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:21 pm

Hello and welcome to the site. Please read the first section on rules for posting for new members.
If this has been going on since you had c diff it may well be PI IBS. If it has recently begun, it could be many things.
In any case, we cannot give medical advice and/or diagnose you on this site so you should check with the dr who treated you for c diff and get a medical opinion.

Best of luck!
Rita

Steffi
Contributor

Re: Anyone have long term bowel problems after C diff

Postby Steffi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:58 am

Hi Donna,

Yes, I absolutely have similar to your problems. I am 10 months after my cdiff infection, some days are pretty close to normal, I just start to hope that I will be again the same as I was before cdiff and then bam: again for some days strange BM colour and/or different consistency...also lot of gas, bloating, gurgling, rumbling (but never D).
This is not my normal digestive system and start feeling desperate. Some Drs suggest a colonoscopy. I am decisive not to do a colonoscopy at this stage, I pray to avoid it at all ... very afraid of it, because some posters here reported they have relapsed after colonoscopy. This is not my life, I feel like I am living in a foreign body. I am 40 years old female.

I would suggest the same like Rita said: a doctor's opinion is needed. I also plan to consult a new doctor's opinion, I am just waiting to make my PCR follow up check before the appointment.

Wish you best of luck, to feel better, I believe some day we will be fine.

Warm Regards,
Steffi

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”