Tested positive for CDiff toxigenic PCR NOT Toxin

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
John316
Brand New Poster

Tested positive for CDiff toxigenic PCR NOT Toxin

Postby John316 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:38 pm

The urgent care doctor put me on antibiotic Dificid already - today is day 6. I had nausea, weakness, and diarrhea for a day or two but was already constipated by the time I did the stool sample for CDiff and am still constipated currently. Now I am concerned I don't actually have CDiff because I don't have diarrhea and I didn't get the test for the Toxin. Do you think I should finish the 10 day course or is it safe for me to stop now? Right now my symptoms are mainly abdominal pain. I am still waiting on stool sample to come back for parasites. Thanks in advance.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Tested positive for CDiff toxigenic PCR NOT Toxin

Postby beth22 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:17 pm

I would ask your doctor about stopping. I was always told that if you start an antibiotic, you need to finish it unless you have an allergic reaction. If you did have c difficile, I don't think 6 days is enough. But, again, that is a question for your doctor and you should call the office and either leave a message for him or her or ask a nurse to check and get back to you.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”