Macrobid

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Spring
New User

Macrobid

Postby Spring » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:51 pm

Hi all, I had cdiff 2 1/2 years ago. I’ve been fortunate enough to stay off medication since then. I’m battling a UTI and the doctor prescribed Macrobid. I have only taken two doses and already my stomach is grumbling and diarrhea is starting. Any advice would be appreciated.

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Re: Macrobid

Postby Lid49 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:57 pm

It is a low offender antibiotic, I did ok with it,
Diharrea is not necessary because cdiff.
Hope you will be ok.
Lidia

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:49 pm

Macrobid is not a big offender. I have tolerated it numerous times. Hang in there.

Spring
New User

Postby Spring » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:28 am

Thank you. The diarrhea stopped with an increase in Florastor. However, I ended up in the ER because I had chills, nausea, and a general ill feeling. Turns out my urine was clear but I had allergic reaction to Macrobid. Unfortunately, I can’t take that in the future. Does anyone know the next best med to take that is a low offender?

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:21 am

I certainly would not consider I was allergic to anything on the say so of an ER visit because of those symptoms.
Actually I dont think many people would even go to ER with those symptoms!
Allergys need to be proved by testing not guessing.
Rule out low offending antibiotics and you end up on one's that Will cause c. Diff.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”