New to cdiff

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
D.coop
Brand New Poster

New to cdiff

Postby D.coop » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:56 pm

Hi everyone. I haven’t been diagnosed with CDiff yet, I am calling my doctor in the morning. I found out that about two months ago, my coworker had cdiff. Approximately 3 weeks after that I started getting the worst gas of my life. And then, I started to get bad- watery diarrhea. I have/had thought I was having a flare of my ulcerative colitis, and waiting over two months to get into a gastro. I am now seeing though that this is a little different, so I was hoping maybe you guys could shed some light for me... so- I’ve noticed that every time I fart- I have to be on the toilet because each time I’m farting mucus. When I go to the bathroom of course along with a bowel movement, there is mucus present. Only once or twice been a trace of blood (nothing serious, just a little bit here or there) but also I’m just downright feeling tired, and sore. Normally with a flare up, I don’t poop or fart mucus so that’s new for me, and what has me thinking this could be cdiff is the smell. It’s horrible. It’s like my entire downstairs of my house smells after I use the bathroom. Along with the mucus, and the fact that someone I had close contact with had it- is making me think possibly. Could anyone go a little in depth with their symptoms? Like I said I’m going to call my doctor tomorrow, to atleast just ask if they can do a stool test, just incase. I’m very nervous about this to be honest, and would really appreciate any insight anyone can give me. Thank you all❤️

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Re: New to cdiff

Postby GtrGrl » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:05 pm

I’m not a veteran here so others may be able to give more insights but I do think you’re right to go ahead with a test with these symptoms, even if it just rules C Diff out (fingers crossed) and leads to other investigations. If you want to know more about others’ symptoms in depth you could also visit the Too Much Information forum.

Good luck.
Contracted C Diff from a round of Flucloxacillin, November 2020.

Metronidazole - Metronidazole - Dificid - Dificid - Vancomycin - Upper GI FMT - Vancomycin - Vancomycin - Lower GI FMT

roy
Administrator

Re: New to cdiff

Postby roy » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:17 pm

One poster described C. Diff perfectly.
"An involuntary waterfall flowing from my butt!"
What you describe is unlikely to be C. Diff.
Testing without typical symptoms is not advisable.
Around one in twenty healthy people will test positive and an inexperienced Dr might go ahead and treat just because of the test result.
That can cause harm.
You say you have UC, that should be more of a concern than thinking you might have caught C. Diff from a Co worker and is a much greater indication of what's causing you problems.
Also to catch c. Diff from your Co worker you would have to transfer their poop to your mouth!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”