Second Time

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Purple21
Brand New Poster

Second Time

Postby Purple21 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:26 pm

I had c diff 3 years ago due to overload of antibiotics for utis. I took the medicine that started with f. I thought that was bad. Now I am trying to recover from a second blow with c diff. Same reason as before except different types of antibiotics. I had an uti for over 3 months and could not get rid of it.
I had a kidney stone shocked during this time before c diff came back. Now second time with c diff I have taken 14 days full dose of vano and now tapering.
One question, is it normal to have severe muscle cramps to the point my leg is sore? I had a bladder scope along with stone shock. We are hoping that will help get rid of utis . I am very concerned that I will relapse.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Second Time

Postby beth22 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:09 am

Hi Purple21 and welcome to the site. Please read the first forum for more information for new posters.

I have not heard of people complaining of sore muscles in one location. Some people get muscle aches all over, but maybe you hurt your leg or back somehow. If it persists, I would talk to your doctor. Don't know if that can happen from stone shock treatment. I would ask.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”