How long has your stools been all over the place?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
twoscoop
New User

How long has your stools been all over the place?

Postby twoscoop » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:55 pm

I know everyone's recovery is different but just wanted to know if there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I was infected 8/20 and treated with flagyl and I was positive again 2/21. I think I always been positive for toxins the whole time but was a mild case. I treated it with dificid and had two pcr negatives. Ever since dificid my pi-ibs has been worse. I range from constipated stools to mushy/loose. I take 1 vsl3 and 2 florastors. I have tried playing around with the foods I eat and even with safe foods I have bowel issues. No pain or discomfort. Just the quality of my stool ranges. Color, texture, size, amount. Everyday is so different! Do I accept this as my new normal? Thanks!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: How long has your stools been all over the place?

Postby beth22 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:42 pm

Yes, stools can be all over the place, but probiotics can also worsen symptoms in some. I can't take Florastor. It gives me gas and looser stools.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”