Zinplava with Vanco taper after 1st relapse?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Waterman
Brand New Poster

Zinplava with Vanco taper after 1st relapse?

Postby Waterman » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:50 pm

Diagnosed with diverticulitis. Prescribed 2 antibiotics. About 1 week after stopping was at work and had to leave with high fever, chills and vomiting. Then D and pain in abdomen. Went back to Dr. and did stool test. Came back c diff.
Then did 10 days of Vancomycin D stopped immediately. Still had sore around belly button.
3 days after last Vanco was eating lunch with the family. Got instant cramps and D. Got a very quick chill and had to leave restaurant. Was running fever. Called Dr and they sent me to hospital, as it was a Saturday. Spent 2 days there and saw the on call infectious disease Dr. He started me on Vanco taper and a follow-up.
Went to follow up and Dr. has scheduled Zinplava infusion also, which has turned out to be from a home health care group. I am not finding much info on Zinplava and what I do find is not pleasing. Have not had D since starting taper. Is it just me or is Zinplava not the best option, especially at this stage?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Zinplava with Vanco taper after 1st relapse?

Postby beth22 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:55 pm

I don't know of many people who have had Zinplava and I definitely am not an expert, but I thought that it was for c difficile that was not resolving with other treatments. I would get a second opinion if I were you. Maybe with an infectious disease doctor.

Waterman
Brand New Poster

Re: Zinplava with Vanco taper after 1st relapse?

Postby Waterman » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:27 pm

Thanks Beth

That’s what I was thinking. I still have 2 weeks left on my taper. Who knows, this round may actually work. I am planning to talk with my General Dr. and ask for referral for second opinion

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”