Anyone with recurrent Uti's and C diff have advice

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
roy
Administrator

Re: Anyone with recurrent Uti's and C diff have advice

Postby roy » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:25 am

An inexperienced Dr reading about vanco from a text book MIGHT just read it as an IV antibiotic administered in a hospital.
If a Dr prescribes vanco for oral use its readily available in pill form from almost any Canadian pharmacy (expensive though)
A Dr can also prescribe liquid vanco made by mixing the powder in the vials of IV Vanco with a suitable liquid, its the same med and much cheaper.
That Dr's wrong, try another Dr.

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone with recurrent Uti's and C diff have advice

Postby GtrGrl » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:48 am

I know this thread is a couple of months old but my query is on the same subject: since having a cystoscopy and bladder biopsy a month ago I have had nothing but trouble with pain, frequency and a crazy itching feeling in my bladder. All tests are negative but I’m certain something is up. Please can someone clarify if Hiprex is an antiseptic, rather than an antibiotic? Obviously my fear is that I might cause myself another relapse — but I am wondering if trying this stuff might be a good solution.

Thanks comrades!
Contracted C Diff from a round of Flucloxacillin, November 2020.

Metronidazole - Metronidazole - Dificid - Dificid - Vancomycin - Upper GI FMT - Vancomycin - Vancomycin - Lower GI FMT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”