Post FMT - need advice

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
oceaneo
New User

Post FMT - need advice

Postby oceaneo » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:51 pm

Hi all! Long time no updates. So I finally after a year of waiting and having my health suffer, I finally got my FMT two weeks ago! Everything was great but I have been suffering from nausea and two vomiting episodes. One was post anesthesia which is normal, the second came out of nowhere one week later and since then I have been struggling with nausea. I was eating really well and I am not sure what happened? Is this normal post FMT? And also irregular bowl movements?

Also when it comes to testing, how soon did you get retested? Like what is this about false positives or coming back positive but negative for the toxins, it’s all so confusing.

Also question about enemas? Did you do any enemas after an fmt? I don’t want to wipe out any good bacteria but I heard certain enemas are just really good for the body and clearing out biofilms. Thank you so much! And also if you have any questions about openbiome, I can answer those because I had to speak with them a few times in regards to FMT/COVID-19 protocols and getting the emergency procedure approved

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Post FMT - need advice

Postby beth22 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:23 pm

I know that stools can be all over the place after FMT. I was also nauseated after my FMT, but not for that long. However, we have had posters that have reported nausea after c difficile without FMT. I would ask your GI about your symptoms. My GI told me that acidity in the stomach can manifest as nausea. Did you have a colonoscopy or did you have the FMT via upper endoscopy?

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:36 pm

I had FMT via colonoscopy 9 months ago. I have abdominal pain, loose stool, and bloated almost every day but no nausea
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Footie97
New User

Postby Footie97 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:18 am

Hello. I hope you are feeling better. I had FMT 6+ months ago and my GI tract is all over the place still. I did get my FMT during COVID as an "emergency". I had lost 30lbs since my diagnosis back in June 2020. I am still struggling with gas, bloating, abdominal pain and WD. I did get tested 4 weeks postFMT due to symptoms not as a confirmatory test. I have had several Sigmoid/colonoscopies since and I do not have signs of colon inflammation, C. diff or Ulcerative colitis. I think, like a lot of other people, I am suffering from PI-IBS (or less likely Crohn's). I am better overall but still suffer on a daily basis. I do not have experience with enemas being good or bad.

I am contemplating having a colon resection due to severity of symptoms. The only time I have felt "normal" in the past 15 months was when I had a colostomy due to ruptured colon in April 2020. I know it may be extreme but my surgeon, who I trust, thinks my symptoms are due to adhesions from my multiple abdominal surgeries. I hope your symptoms improve and you get healthy!

Clint

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Thanks, Clint, I had my FMT 11 months ago. I have improved quite a bit but I am still suffering on daily basis, abdominal pain, bloating, and loose bowel. I haven't had one formed bowel Since I contracted C Diff Feb of 2020
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”