Florastor

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Basset
Brand New Poster

Florastor

Postby Basset » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:19 pm

When I had Cdiff many years ago, Florastor was pretty much the probiotic recommended by pharmacists. Taken twice daily. Is that still the case? I remember VSL3 was also very popular. Is it still? As well recommended as Florastor? And we took Culturelle a lot too.

I am asking because after all this time, I may be on the verge of Cdiff again. I just had 4 days of Moxifloxican & my insides are making a lot of racket & my output is not entirely normal. Please advise.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Florastor

Postby beth22 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:18 am

Take what agrees with you. If Florastor does, then that is a good choice. It does not agree with me, so I used VSL#3, but as Roy pointed out in your other post (try to stick to one post - easier to follow) any antibiotics you would take, would kill most of the probiotics that are strains of good bacteria. Florastor is a yeast and it won't be killed off.

Alisha
New User

Re: Florastor

Postby Alisha » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:36 pm

I took florestor in powderd form to sprinkle on my food, i found that easy on my stomach. I know alot of ppl that still take florestor, i also took bio-k , little mino “shots” of heavy amounts of probiotics but i would take it 2 hours before or after so the meds wouldnt kill the healthy bacteria. i dont think it would hurt to take some probiotics as long as it agrees with you stomach wise and also how its coming out lol
Alisha. 33yr old. Cdiff free since April 15 2019.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”