For anyone in New York

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
JJM
New User

For anyone in New York

Postby JJM » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:52 pm

Hello,

I'm hoping there are some New Yorkers here.
I didn't have a good experience with my GI doc while being treated for C Diff and was looking for a new one.
If you have had a really good experience with a GI or ID doc that's on Long Island, would you be able to recommend him/her? As much as I wish I can see a doc in NYC, logistically it would be difficult -- unless they're able to do virtual visits even for initial consults.

Mostly looking for someone who is easily accessible (e.g. in terms of getting appointments, has virtual visits, has a patient portal, etc. -- they don't have to have all of this so long as they're easy to reach one way or another), patient with answering questions, returns messages timely, reassuring, and whose office is very organized and helpful/understanding.

Being very knowledgeable about C Diff will be a bonus but would really like a doc that I can feel really comfortable with and will really partner with you to come up with a plan for treatment or how to avoid/mitigate situations that are risky for folks with a history of C Diff (if that's even possible!)

Thank you kindly!
JJM

roy
Administrator

Re: For anyone in New York

Postby roy » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:53 pm

More chance of getting an audience with the Pope than finding a Dr like that!

JJM
New User

Postby JJM » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:41 pm

lol roy.
So true. As a matter of fact, my family and I were just talking about how finding a good GI doc seems to be the golden unicorn of doctors -- at least here on LI.

My PCP, whom I've been seeing for years, does come very close to that and possibly why I'm setting the bar so high. I've been very lucky that I was able to lean on her (and continue to lean on her) for advice and guidance throughout the C Diff treatment and now during recovery. She's affiliated with Mount Sinai and has virutal visits that you can schedule through the portal, she answers emails very quickly and very patient with answering all my questions or sometimes just providing reassurance. The office where she works is also very friendly, helpful and efficient. Even prior to COVID, I've always been able to get same day appointments with her when I was ill. She's actually much farther away but was more accessible to me than my GI doc whose office is in the next town over --I couldn't even get my GI doc to call me back the same day and his staff was very unhelpful.

I was thinking it was a bit of a longshot and anyone who has had a great experience with their GI doc would also count!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:10 pm

I just found the GI several have seen and been happy with. Carl V Crawford GI New York.

Good luck!

NanciT

JJM
New User

Postby JJM » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:15 am

Thanks so much, NanciT!
Just read the reviews for him and definitely looks promising.
I'll try and schedule a virtual visit with him and will see how that goes.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:03 pm

I come from Nassau County LI and had the best GI ever, and I am a nurse, so know great drs.
He is Meyer Blumstein and is in Lynbrook.

Check him out. He is a fabulous GI and a great person. I don’t know how hard it is to get in to see him. He is in a group practice where all the PCPs have specialties and he sees all the GI pts. I began seeing him when he was solo seeing only GI pts in a hospital practice and followed him into his current practice and have stayed in touch with him now even since I have moved.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:17 pm

I'm not in NYC, but when I was looking for a good GI dr I found dr Grinspan who is based in NY. I heard and read that Dr Ari Grinspan is an excellent GI DR specializing in treating C Diff and FMT, see the following video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97IahgEDC4s
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”