Additional question- re: binding agents

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Amila
Regular User

Additional question- re: binding agents

Postby Amila » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:20 pm

Hello all,

Thank you to those who responded to my question about possible dangers of antibacterial mouth washes.
I would also like to ask, if anyone knows, whether those products for gastrointestinal disturbance which are called " binders", bind also good bacteria? I recently ordered Silicol Gel from Britain (German invention, categorized as medical device), which is widely praised by many. Tomorrow will be a week since I started little less then a recommended dose, so tomorrow will be my last day. I have felt great improvement , but I dare not continue taking.

I think that it is similar somewhat to Pepto, and some other gastrointestinal toxin & irritants binders, but I am too scared if they bind good stuff too.

If anyone know anything about binders in general, or about this very product, please share.

All the best health to all

Amila, soon 5 years since battle with C Diff.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”