When is someone considered clinically cured?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
ColeB
New User

When is someone considered clinically cured?

Postby ColeB » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:57 pm

Hi guys,

I never thought I’d be back on this forum but here I am. I was diagnosed back in December 2019 and cured January 2020 with zero issues after vanco. I went back to my normal BM which is once every 1-2 days after about one month

Here’s why I ask- I’m about 9 months out, and randomly 1x a week I’m getting very watery D. I can’t find a link to anything. Tonight I had watery D twice.

Like everyone I’m always fearful of a relapse. Is it possible I could relapse 10 months out? I’m trying to look at it logically but also anxious.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: When is someone considered clinically cured?

Postby beth22 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:05 am

It's unlikely, but possible. There have been food recalls due to other pathogens like listeria, salmonellla, etc. It is possible that you picked up something else. If you decide to test, have a stool culture run as well as a c diff test.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: When is someone considered clinically cured?

Postby georgina » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:01 pm

To have random bouts of D is not unusual , a flare of IBS can be triggered by what you eat or stress ,hormones etc. Give it a day or two just to see if it subsides on it's own, maybe eat some bland food ,try a binding agent to bulk up the stool. If it subsides was probably a bad IBS flare up , if it gets worse you need to call the doctor.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”