I'm new and scared I have C. diff again.

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
JRose
Brand New Poster

I'm new and scared I have C. diff again.

Postby JRose » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:36 pm

I just found this group today and I'm so happy I did. I'm so tired.

I first got diagnosed in January 2020. I struggled with c. diff for 5 months before it was gone. I lost almost 20 pounds over that time and struggled to get out of bed most mornings. After two failed attempts of Vanc, finally Dificid did it for me. It has been almost 5 months of being symptoms free. Unfortunately, for the past two weeks I have been having D 2-3 times a day, which is definitely out of the normal for me. I am scared I have it again. I don't know how I am going to make it through if I have it again. It's hard to stomach the thought of it. I am not sure if I should just go get tested to confirm if I have it again or not? I definitely do not want it to get out of control if it is in fact back. Guidance is appreciated.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: I'm new and scared I have C. diff again.

Postby beth22 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:52 am

Hi JRose and welcome to the group. You can find more information for new posters in the first forum.

If you test, it may give you some answers. I would ask to be tested for other pathogens as well through a stool culture. It is possible that you got some other bacteria. There have been outbreaks of salmonella and e coli that are food related. If your symptoms don't go away, call your doctor and ask to be tested.

LHutz
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm new and scared I have C. diff again.

Postby LHutz » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:24 am

Have you been tested for COVID?

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”