I'm getting a FMT

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
sammi79
Contributor

I'm getting a FMT

Postby sammi79 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:14 pm

I got my 2nd opinion a few days ago and the new Dr. is 100% in for a FMT. Based on my labs, CT images, colonoscopy results, she isn't 100% sure if I do have UC or if it was induced by the CDiff. She said there is a chance too that the CDiff induced colitis bad enough to be ulcerative. She said that she is 100% sure that I do qualify for the FMT and that it has a 95% cure rate for CDiff and UC. So, this could potentially be a win-win for all of my issues.

So, what advice do you have for preparing for the FMT? Recovery? Diet changes? I'll take whatever you can give me and pair it with my research.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: I'm getting a FMT

Postby beth22 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:43 pm

For FMT for c diff you usually have to take an antibiotic before for a week to ten days. I would opt for Dificid. Your doctor should give you guidelines about diet and whether or not to take probiotics. Some eat bland for a few days until the effects of the laxative prep wear off and then introduce foods gradually. That is what I did.

poppy86
Regular Contributor

Postby poppy86 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:49 am

Sammi79, I hope the FMT is successful for you and that you feel much better after.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:40 pm

Good luck Sammi, I had an FMT 11 weeks ago. You need to take antibiotic for at least 7 days before FMT and you have to stop about 24-36 hours before the FMT. I had to take one Imodium one hour before the FMT and one after the FMT.

It is great that you can get an FMT, my GI was telling me they dont do FMTs because of Covid anymore. I thought OpenBiom wasn’t providing supplies anymore?
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”