Not doing well today

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
poppy86
Regular Contributor

Not doing well today

Postby poppy86 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:53 pm

It's been 16 weeks and 2 days since I finished my vanco taper. The IBS was rough the past month, but the last few days were actually okay, only 3-4 BMs per day.

But then this afternoon I was taking a walk, and I had to rush home, barely made it. I had really bad, violent D, twice, and it was just like when I was first diagnosed with cdiff 6 months ago. I'm so afraid. My period is due any day now, so I know that can affect things, but this was really bad, not like my typical IBS symptoms.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Not doing well today

Postby beth22 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:53 pm

Sorry you had a bad day. Some women report worse IBS symptoms before periods. If it continues, I would call your GI and report it. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

poppy86
Regular Contributor

Postby poppy86 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:56 am

Thanks Beth, Wednesday was better than Tuesday. I figured it was caused by my period and also eating my dinner too quickly. If I eat a big meal too fast, it can trigger D.

The past couple days I've been struggling with a lot of tenesmus. It makes me strain, which just aggravates the hemorrhoids and causes more bleeding. I still get a lot of rumbling/gurgling, gas, and sometimes pain, I feel uncomfortably full after eating, and I'm very anxious all the time and get almost no sleep. I wake up every hour during the night due to anxiety. I'm also only 90 pounds (I was 110 when all this started, at 4'11). I really want to gain some weight and strength back. Tomorrow will be 17 weeks since I finished my vanco taper.

We still have no health insurance, hopefully that will change soon. Just hoping for some better days.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:25 pm

Try to eat smaller meals more often to get some calories. I had a very hard time gaining back weight and the last few months I have lost again.

poppy86
Regular Contributor

Postby poppy86 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:16 pm

I'll try to have more frequent, small meals.

Is it normal with ibs to have random D? For instance today, I had 5 normal BMs this morning (typical for me, I always have a "morning rush"), and then in the afternoon some D a couple times. It happens every few days, and every single time, I lose my mind with worry. Sometimes I can figure out a reason, like eating too quickly, but other times there's no rhyme or reason, no unusual foods. I'm nervous about leaving the house at all, even for short walks.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:10 pm

I am so sorry to hear you are still having so many bad days, I hope it will get better soon.

I heard the Iberogast is very good for IBS, Amazon has it. I am thinking of trying it soon. I am currently trying IBGard, that my GI suggested, I haven’t noticed any improvement.
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”