I think I'm getting better.

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
sammi79
Contributor

I think I'm getting better.

Postby sammi79 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:14 pm

I've been back on Vanco for just over 2 weeks. I have improved about 80%. I made the mistake of eating banana peppers yesterday and so I am seeing a bit of blood today, but I knew better. I just felt so good that I gave into a moment of being normal. All of my pain is gone, I have occasional gurgle, I am able to pass gas again without fear, blood is random and scant. I really hope I am finally on the mend. I feel like after 2 weeks, I have been much better, like 100% at this point.

I am frustrated because I haven't heard from the new doctor yet for my referral. I really want to get the FMT done and hope that she will be on board. I have lots of studies I printed that shows FMT also help with severe IBS and UC cases. I have a follow up with my current GI on Wednesday and I am hoping he will help push me along for the FMT (he doesn't do them).

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: I think I'm getting better.

Postby beth22 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:43 pm

It may be harder to get FMT now with the pandemic. I guess it depends where you live and if your area is under partial lockdown. Hopefully, you will be able to get some help. Glad that you are feeling better at least.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”