COVID Producing Symptoms Like C. Diff

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
LHutz
Regular Contributor

COVID Producing Symptoms Like C. Diff

Postby LHutz » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:41 pm

I have COVID right now and it feels very similar to c. diff. I have WD with B and M. I have lots of discomfort in the lower left portion of my abdomen with lots of gurgling. If I didn’t know that I had COVID, I’d be sure this was c. diff.

I just wanted to let people know that COVID could have a big impact on your GI system so if you develop symptoms that seem like c. diff but you haven’t had any antibiotics recently, it might be COVID.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Re: COVID Producing Symptoms Like C. Diff

Postby Ali-Mar » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:40 pm

Thanks for sharing.. for how long you had COVID? do you have any respiratory and flue like symptoms? Did you get tested for C Diff?
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:14 am

Yes, COVID can have some nasty GI symptoms. Were you also tested for c difficile? I have not heard of B and M with COVID, but if you have D, the irritation could cause it as well. I hope you feel better soon!

sammi79
Contributor

Postby sammi79 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:16 pm

I am so sorry to hear of your Covid diagnosis. How are you feeling aside from the gi symptoms?

LHutz
Regular Contributor

Postby LHutz » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:28 pm

I have not had the classic symptoms of cough, sore throat and fever. I have had some minor shortness of breath for a few days, but it was nothing severe. I have had minor symptoms for about 6 weeks now but the symptoms got worse about 3-4 weeks ago. But the GI symptoms didn't start until about 2 weeks ago. It's a very strange virus and symptoms come and go and frequently change. The virus has really hit my GI hard though. I have been eating very bland for two weeks and if I stray from a bland diet I really pay the price. I'm basically eating rice, cream of wheat and bananas. I'm hoping that this virus doesn't cause a significant flare up of post infection IBS.

This virus can really hit the GI hard though. They are finding that COVID is causing Hemorrhagic Colitis in people, especially those with pre-existing GI issues.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:53 pm

So sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:41 am

In the hospital where i work most members of the staff got infected , including myself . I had no symptoms but one of my colleagues said that she had two days of very bad GI issues , frequent WD and vomiting , fever , she said she couldn't even keep down a sip of water .

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:10 pm

If you read some of the more recent literature it addresses GI symptoms, especially diarrhea, as being indicators of Covid. In fact one of the questions asked in FL for symptom screening for a Covid test is if you have diarrhea.

I hope you start feeling better soon L Hutz.

Caligirl
Contributor

Postby Caligirl » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:37 pm

So sorry that you’re dealing with this. My sister had a pretty bad Covid case and she had bad GI issues as well. I hope you feel better soon! It took her a few weeks to get better.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”