Help with tingling, muscle spasms

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Jess93
New User

Help with tingling, muscle spasms

Postby Jess93 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:40 am

Hello,

I have good news and strange news!
I have been off Vancomycin for about two months and my gut health appears to be improving. I’m very happy about that!

Otherwise, my body feels strange, crampy, and a little weak. I thought I would just give it time, but I am experiencing muscle spasms and tingling in some areas of my body often and my head especially at night. I got an MRI of my head and nothing abnormal was found.

I feel very “off.” This has gone on for a few weeks.

Has anyone else experienced this? When did it go away?

Thank you!

poppy86
Regular Contributor

Re: Help with tingling, muscle spasms

Postby poppy86 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:43 am

Hi Jess93, I also finished my vanco about two months ago, and I feel "off" as well. I get a lot of muscle cramps in my feet, and when I lie down to go to sleep, my legs feel tingly and strange. I feel weak most of the time and get headaches often. I read that some of these symptoms could be due to a vitamin D and B12 deficiency. It seems that all of this is pretty common for recovery after cdiff.

NS789
Regular Contributor

Postby NS789 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:56 pm

Hi Jess, I'm glad to hear your gut health is improving but I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well otherwise.

I agree with Poppy that it sounds like you might have a bit of a nutritional deficiency (which wouldn't be surprising after all the "D" that c diff causes!). I have experienced low B12 and low potassium before, and both of those deficiencies gave me fatigue and weird pins and needles feelings in my fingers, as well as leg cramps at night. If you haven't done so already, it might be a good idea to do a full work up of your blood to check for those things. It would be an easy fix if that is the case. Fingers crossed!
32 y/o female. Got C. diff in Feb. 2020. Prescribed Flagyl (10 days), then Flagyl again (4 days), then Vanco (10 days), then Dificid (10 days), then Dificid again (10 days), then a Vanco taper (5 wks), then a Dificid taper (2 mths) and finally recovered.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:08 am

Would be very good to get your vitamin and minerals levels checked. The muscle aches can be due to a lot of things including lack of magnesium.

Jess93
New User

Postby Jess93 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:41 pm

I got my blood drawn yesterday. I will let you all know the results.
Thank you so much for your support <3

Jess93
New User

Postby Jess93 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:21 pm

The blood tests were all just fine. They're referring me to a neurologist.

LHutz
Regular Contributor

Postby LHutz » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:42 am

Sounds like it might be an issue with a spinal nerve and nothing to do with c. diff.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”