Finished my Dificid, now I wait...

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
sammi79
Contributor

Finished my Dificid, now I wait...

Postby sammi79 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:52 am

Last night was my final dose of Dificid. While I feel a lot better, I still am having a lot of symptoms. Bleeding in my movements never went away, I still have the abdominal gurgles and extra gas, and I occasionally have pressure in my butt still. But movements are mostly formed, I can eat without running to the bathroom halfway through, I am now going maybe 3 times a day and not 15-20, and the abdominal pain is 90% gone. So, there are a lot of positives that I am desperately clinging on to.

I know that my intestines have been through a war this past year and they need time to heal. I am just scared that I am never going to be rid of this infection. Now that I don't have the protection of the medication, I feel so vulnerable and scared. Any advice on what I can do?

NS789
Regular Contributor

Re: Finished my Dificid, now I wait...

Postby NS789 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:10 am

I know exactly how you feel, sammi. All you can really do now is wait and hope that things improve with time. Try not to jump to conclusions if you have a bad day. You're bound to still struggle with some symptoms off and on as you heal. I know that I'll occasionally have a bad day where I convince myself that the c diff is back but then the next day things are better. So as hard as it is, I try to stay calm and remind myself that a bad day here and there is likely PI-IBS and just part of the recovery process.

I would also suggest being gentle with your system for awhile in terms of what you're eating and what supplements you're taking.

Wishing you well!
32 y/o female. Got C. diff in Feb. 2020. Prescribed Flagyl (10 days), then Flagyl again (4 days), then Vanco (10 days), then Dificid (10 days), then Dificid again (10 days), then a Vanco taper (5 wks), then a Dificid taper (2 mths) and finally recovered.

poppy86
Regular Contributor

Re: Finished my Dificid, now I wait...

Postby poppy86 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:38 pm

Sammi, I hope your residual symptoms pass soon and that you make a full recovery.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”