Back after a year?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Mmp
Regular User

Back after a year?

Postby Mmp » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:20 am

Last year had c diff july-sept. Was on flagyl and vanco then a vanco taper. This entire year I have been working on fixing my gut by taking probiotics and lots of kefir and saurkraut. I also eat a lot of tumeric, garlic and ginger. The past few days my rib cage has hurt like it's swollen. Then my stomach started cramping. Yesterday went 4 times and 1x was diarrhea. Then today went and 1 time was solid the others were diarrhea. Anyone have this come back with no antibiotic use? Sound like c diff or something else?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Back after a year?

Postby NanciT » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:13 pm

A year is a long time, if symptoms continue call your GI. Honestly, I am amazed at what you are taking, I had to stick to very bland for a very long time.
Alot of things can upset the gut, go easy and check in with the GI if it continues

Feel better soon

NanciT

Mmp
Regular User

Postby Mmp » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:34 am

I ended up having diarrhea again with that awful smell. I am going to get a stool sample to the docs. I am feeling much better though. Could I beat it on my own? I think I have read somewhere that people have just drank a bunch of kefir and let there immune system do it's thing.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:03 am

The amount of kefir, sauerkraut, probiotics and other " good stuff " your consuming could be the cause of your gut upset.
Drinking " A bunch of kefir" almost certainly would send you to the bathroom.
Only sick people need to go to a Dr, if your feeling better accept it and dont chance being given meds.

Caligirl
Contributor

Postby Caligirl » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:12 pm

My body was able to beat the 2nd relapse on its own without meds. I took 1 florastor in the am and 1 in the pm, and stuck with foods that were easy on my gut. My dr wanted me to go on a 2 month Vanco taper, but I started feeling mostly better so I just trusted my body and gave it a chance, and it beat it. My 2nd relapse was very mild though, if it was severe I would have taken meds. I can’t give medical advice obviously, but it seems like you might just have a bug. I had diarrhea for a couple of days last week, but it wasn’t Cdiff, just some stomach bug.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”