Nausea

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
NS789
Regular Contributor

Nausea

Postby NS789 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:34 pm

Hi everyone. I'm just wondering if a lot of you experienced nausea with c diff. And if so, did it seem to come and go?

I am nearing the end of my Vanco taper and will randomly get hit with waves of nausea on some days. But other days will be fine. It always makes me wonder if I'm relapsing. Is it common to still experience nausea even when you're nearing the end of your treatment and the c diff "should" be gone?

Thanks!
32 y/o female. Got C. diff in Feb. 2020. Prescribed Flagyl (10 days), then Flagyl again (4 days), then Vanco (10 days), then Dificid (10 days), then Dificid again (10 days), then a Vanco taper (5 wks), then a Dificid taper (2 mths) and finally recovered.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Nausea

Postby NanciT » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:12 pm

I had ALOT of nausea, on and off all the medication I took. I am currently nearly 9 weeks post Dificid taper and today I am wearing sea bands due to the nausea which seems to act up for me when I get the Post IBS. Healing can take time and in my cause nausea has been a big part of it.

The Sea Bands seem to help, I also stick to a real bland diet. Give your gut time to heal

Hope you feel better soon

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”