Relapsing again I think?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
poppy86
Regular Contributor

Re: Relapsing again I think?

Postby poppy86 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:53 am

Ali-Mar, I'm wishing you good luck for tomorrow, I hope all goes well.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:57 am

Thanks Poppy , thanks D1dad, that is very encouraging, her case seems much more severe. I had C Diff for 5 month since Feb 4th.. I normally get better after complete 4-8 days of Difcid or Vanco.. but I relapse 2-5 weeks after completing the antibiotic therapy.

Did she have FMT via colonoscopy or pills visa upper GI?

I am worry that my C Diff is in small intestine not in colon, and via colonoscopy might not help. I say that because most of my abdominal pain is in the middle around the belly button where the small bowel is!
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

DaveMal
New User

Postby DaveMal » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:11 pm

My understanding is that c. diff colonization and especially infection of small bowel is extremely rare and mostly limited to those with long histories of severe GI issues and/or surgeries. Given your doctor has extensive experience treating c. diff and has scheduled the procedure, I'm sure your case is consistent with colonic infection. Of course, express your concern so she can address it. Our systems go through a lot with this bug. Pains can come and go from just about anywhere, it seems.

Good luck, Ali-Mar! You are one step closer to putting this behind you! :-)

David

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:13 pm

Some do say it's an instant cure but for the vast majority it's the start of a very bumpy road to recovery.
FMT recovery is not normaly instant so dont expect miracles.
I am locking this thread now as it's gone to 4 pages, feel free to start another.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”