Confused

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Spike
Contributor

Confused

Postby Spike » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:54 am

So this past week things have gone down hill with symptoms. It started about a week and half ago when my stool was really loose. Then ever since then my nausea has return full force, abdominal pain, headaches, and body aches. Exactly how all of it started for me. I not hitting the three day rule. I was just at this rule through my whole diagnosis. That why it took 3 months to diagnosis and treat me. I barely have any energy again. I was doing very go with that walking 15k steps a day. Do anything I wanted. I am barely eating again due to the nausea. I did not change a thing. Not sure to contact doctor or not. I kept giving it time but nothing changing. Thoughts? I been in quientine with covid around so I really don't think I pick up anything. I can't do pepto due to still breastfeeding.

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Re: Confused

Postby AllisS » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:45 pm

Definitely, contact your doctor. Hope you feel better soon.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:42 pm

So I finally got into the doctor but I almost feel more lost of what to do. Since my one day a stool has never returned to normal and having symptoms he want me to test again. However, if it negative he thinking it more of acid reflux setting every thing off and wants me to go on protonix which is a PPI and thought a no no. I asked him several times about this and acted as if it was no big deal. I mean what if I test and I am positive,which sounds like people post c diff, and get wrongfully treated. But if it negative I really don't want to do the PPI knowing the risk. I am beyond uncomfortable everyday with nausea burning throat and all the above mentioned symptoms in original post. I am totally lost what to do. Since the appoitment yesterday I decided to go back to my bland diet and see if the nausea subsides again but as regards to the testing I am not so sure what to do. I just need time to process it. I came off the florastor and kefir and my stool back to being mushy but semi formed.

DaveMal
New User

Postby DaveMal » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:54 pm

Sorry you are having a rough time, Spike. Have you tried elevating your head and torso when you sleep? By raising the head of the bed or sleeping on a wedge pillow? If reflux is causing some of your symptoms, this may help. If you have a history with reflux you probably already know this. I know when I have upper digestive issues, it can affect things down the line. And reflux can definitely hurt the throat sometimes. Wish I could be more help to you. Don't be afraid to get additional opinions if you are uncertain. Hope you find some peace.

David

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:56 am

I have found that a teaspoon of soda bicarbonate dissolved in a cup of water is more helpful to settle down acid reflux then any pill. You could try that too, it won't do any harm to you gut.

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:59 pm

Thank you Dave and Georgina. I started the baking soda just a few sip before you suggested it and it helped way better than anything I have tried. Since going off my florastor I am now going 3x a day. I did test today. I hoping it just ibs and to contiue with probiotic and the baking soda. My nausea has come down a lot but just really annoying not debilitating. I have made up my mind I will not go on a PPI as that asking for trouble. Now I just wait and see what the test result is and how I feeling over the next couple days.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:56 pm

Spike,

Think I will try baking soda, too, although Gi does not recommend.

Be aware, baking soda contains a lot of salt so watch blood pressure.

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:39 pm

Yes Bobbie it does. I am only taking three small sips after meals and it does the trick for the most part. I am drinking less than 1/8 of a cup I say in a day time. I needed less and less over the past three days. I have always had low bp. At the doctors two days ago I was 100/60.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”