C diff or something else

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Sitedude
New User

Re: C diff or something else

Postby Sitedude » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:29 pm

Thanks d1dad I tested the waters with drinking around 6 beers with a friend. Had a Bristol type 5 bm lighter brown bit no d. I think this is day 5 of no d. When yours returned to semi normal for a few days after the probiotic how long was it normal for

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:46 pm

Sorry to hear you are having GI issues
Have you been on any antibiotics recently, in the last few months?

I had C Diff for four weeks without knowing. The first three days, I had wd over 15+ per day, no smell, no mucus, but a lot of cramping and had some chills. On the 4th day, I no longer had chills, much-reduced cramping, and only five bowels one formed and four mushy/loose bowels. The dr thought I had a stomach virus.

On the 5th day, I had three bowels all formed, the 6th day I had only two bowels but loose. The days followed, I had some regular days, one or two formed bowls and some days 4-6 loose bowel. After 14 days, I started seeing a lot of mucus but only 3-6 bowels per day. I never had the C diff smell...

After over one month of some good days and some bad days, I tested positive for C-Diff.

The dr told me when the immune system starts fighting the C Diff, in response to your immune system, the C Diff will change its form to spore, and it will remain spore for 7 or 8 days. So that is why you will have a few good days, and then when your immune system slows down, the spores will germinate again, and you will have some bad days, and it goes back and forth, on and on..

My first test, which was about 7 days after the initial infection was false-negative. The dr said it is very common for the 1st test to be negative, so 3 weeks later, he tested again, and it was positive.

I guessed the false-negative might be due that bacteria might shave changed its formed to spores around the time of the test, but that was just my guess :-)
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Sitedude
New User

Postby Sitedude » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:04 pm

No antibiotics but I have a 6 month old who had antibiotics when she was born. If it is c diff I probably got it from not washing hands after a diaper change. First day fever chills and 20 wd bm it went down in the following days to about 8 wd with mucus and blood. I think the blood may have been a hemorrhoid. Day 8 or 9 cant remember it started going back to solid with a slight streak of blood when wiping. I had 1 loose stool 4 days ago followed by solid after that until now. It's been about 4 days of solid bm, slight gas. This am it was a light brown kinda like bristol 5 solid but floating. I only had the fever once dont feel bad occasionally bloated with gas since it started 2 weeks ago to the day. How many days did you go normally before it went back to water

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:15 pm

I had watery d only the first three days, after that on the bad days, I would have very mushy/loose nasty looking Bowles, but not a really true watery. like I had on the 1st 3 days.
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Sitedude
New User

Postby Sitedude » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:37 pm

How frequent were you going before you sought out a doctor?

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:38 pm

Sitedude
We are a support site not a medical site.
We can not diagnose you.
Its unlikely you have an active c.diff infection but only a Dr can confirm it.
We do ask that posters have a c.diff test before asking for advice/support.
Even if the tests negative your still welcome but you cant just guess you have c.diff.
Theres hundreds of other causes for what you describe and most of them are far more likely than it being c.diff!
Even if someone in hospital develops antibiotic D it's only 1 in 5 that's caused by c.diff.
If you worried and your Dr thinks it could be c.diff get tested.
You can not diagnose by comparing yourself with other people.
Runny poop is runny poop whatever the reason!

Sitedude
New User

Postby Sitedude » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:43 pm

You are right roy I am sorry I was able to consume alcohol last night with no repercussions yet so most likely you are right. I thought if anything would make it return like it was bud light would.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:57 pm

If you can even think about drinking your not sick!
I am locking this thread now as it's not usefull to anyone.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”