Probiotics linked to brain fog

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Probiotics linked to brain fog

Postby Ali-Mar » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:13 pm

I think there is some truth to this article... I have felt foggy for a while now, and cannot seem to concentrate for last few months. Might be due to taking probiotics Itake two Floraster Pills in the morning and two at night and around noon I take one VLS#3

https://www.healio.com/news/gastroenter ... enterology.
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Re: Probiotics linked to brain fog

Postby D1dad » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:04 am

That’s a lot of probiotics and most likely wasted money. I do take 1 everyday and alternate between Phillips colon health and florastor but did overload like you are doing at one time. I can’t say I had brain fog but my stomach was a bloated mess.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”